domingo, 22 de agosto de 2010

Lime Crime


I experimented with makeup all through the summer of 2004. I sucked at first. When I finally came up with something I liked, I shared it on my website. My first tutorial featured dark red eyeshadow blended boldly into black. It got a surprisingly enthusiastic response, followed by requests for more looks. 2005 was the year of tutorials: mermaids, tropical birds, pirates – I did it all! I loved to transform my face into something fantastical and share it with others. The freedom of expression makeup gave me changed me forever, and I knew I had come across something truly magical.

Soon it became clear that my tutorials were more popular than the clothes: the Lime Crime site became more known for colorful makeup than DIY. I gave the clothing line another whirl with A Little Country For An Urban Girl collection, but nothing could compare to what the tutorials had started. I closed the line in 2006, keeping only the tutorial section open.

While things were happening on the makeup front, the band wasn’t doing so great. In spite our album doing well online, record labels didn’t perceive us as marketable and we weren’t getting signed. We were drained from constantly pushing the mountain that wasn’t going to move and it reflected on our live performances. We officially disbanded in 2006.

2 comentários:

  1. Wow that is crazy! I'm loving that look - very high fashion.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Thank you !!! I took a look at your blog and I loved it , its very cute : )

    ResponderExcluir